MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Global option for disabling or enabling thread ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are tutorials and queries to run and could be done, but it is very confusing for the new comers and even someone with less knowledge.

I'd like to see an option for turning on or off thread ratings globally over in settings area.

What you think?
There is a setting applies for each group, Users and groups > and Under "forums and posts" tab, untick "Can rate threads?" checkbox. Although, yes it would be good to have it a global setting.
But that would still showing the thread rating, it'd just not give perms to them to rate, it'd be of no use having it if a user is not allowed to rate a thread.
Bump, would like to see this in 1.6.6 .
Hmmm...
* crazy4cs thinks that "Hmm..." was a confirmation reply by Tomm but still thinking in deep about it.
Had to argue with myself as to whether this should be exclusively a forum/usergroup setting or a global switch, or whether the usergroup should act as a switch.

Anyway, added a global switch after some Scottish bloke kicked my arse on CoD. Issue #1836 - Globally disable thread ratings.
MyBB and Tomm for the win, gotta love that. I also thought an option in Showthread settings won't hurt. Wink
Yeah I agree on the addition of a global thread rating disabler. Glad this was added.
Fantastic... Thanks.
Pages: 1 2