MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Script to Update Plugins for 1.6.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2011-12-14, 07:45 PM)townsbg Wrote: [ -> ]Yes the header says 1.5.2 however I'll try downloading it again and installing it.

(2011-12-14, 04:11 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Thats because the instructions and description of the problem are found in this sticky:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-106729.html
And also on the wiki.

That doesn't help if it doesn't work!!! Hence the reply saying that it didn't work.

Did you even freaking pay attention? God I get tired of people like you who don't actually read the stuff. That thread is, or rather contains, manual instructions for updating the plugins. Its what Pavemen used as the basis for his script to do it automatically.
You are a programmer and that's your thing however it isn't everybody's. Not everybody is going to understand what to change among hundreds of lines of code nor are they willing to try and make blind guesses and hopes that it works. Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean that it is for everybody. Maybe you should try to understand it from that point of view instead of cursing someone for not knowing the ends and outs of programming.

As for that script I read the directions and executed them accordingly and it didn't help. I really appreciate paveman for taking the time to write that but if it didn't work for me. Don't blame me for that.
if you are using the latest version of that plugin which is compatible with 1.6.5 and it is still not working, you need to contact the plugin author or post in the support forum (on MyBB or wherever that plugin is released) and go from there as this thread no longer applies to your situation you are in.
Yeah I didn't find out about his thread until yesterday and I was advised to back up the DB and try again. I discovered that I didn't have the most recent version. I stalled the most recent version and now it works.
can i run this script on 1.6.4 and after that do upgrade to 1.6.5
(2011-12-15, 03:31 PM)lexy Wrote: [ -> ]can i run this script on 1.6.4 and after that do upgrade to 1.6.5

yes
one more question some of plugin update for 1.6.5 and what about that script change it to??
(2011-12-15, 05:11 AM)townsbg Wrote: [ -> ]You are a programmer and that's your thing however it isn't everybody's. Not everybody is going to understand what to change among hundreds of lines of code nor are they willing to try and make blind guesses and hopes that it works. Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean that it is for everybody. Maybe you should try to understand it from that point of view instead of cursing someone for not knowing the ends and outs of programming.

As for that script I read the directions and executed them accordingly and it didn't help. I really appreciate paveman for taking the time to write that but if it didn't work for me. Don't blame me for that.

And thats exactly why you've irritated me. You said "it doesn't work", not "I don't understand it". Two totally different concepts. Please say what you mean, and mean what you say.
Saying it doesn't work means just that. It didn't work. It didn't fix the problem. What I didn't understand was how to go manually edit it to fix it yet you assumed that I would.
(2011-12-15, 08:39 PM)townsbg Wrote: [ -> ]Saying it doesn't work means just that. It didn't work. It didn't fix the problem. What I didn't understand was how to go manually edit it to fix it yet you assumed that I would.

Once again, I pointed you to the manual instructions. You said "it doesn't work" in response to those That is not an accurate statement as that was what you didn't understand. You see now?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10