MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Viewing: x Feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

When you visit a vBulletin or Invision forum you get to see "Viewing: x number of people) in front of every forum. Are you going to include this feature in myBB ?

Thanks.
Hi,

Why this is not added by default to myBB ?

Thanks.
I can ask for it in the next version of you want. There is a feature freeze on it but Chris might be able to put it in...
Not everyone wants this modification/plugin to their forum and it is not really a necessity for a forum script.

I believe this should rather be a modification/plugin.
xiaozhu Wrote:Not everyone wants this modification/plugin to their forum and it is not really a necessity for a forum script.

I believe this should rather be a modification/plugin.

Hi,

But to keep up with the competetion myBB should have this feature integreated. Invision and vB are already offering this feature in the default package.

Installing too many mods brings you to the same level as phpbb. Install so many mods etc. ah new upgrade...oh my board is so heavily modded coz there were no features in the script...oh i cannot upgrade.

No upgrade = hackign attempts.
If upgrade = waste time again uploading mods etc.

So for such small features the script creatore really should not bother people. They have to do it once and people who actually use the thing have to do again and again.

I agree its easy to install mods in myBB but then again why waste time ? Time is money don't you agree ?

Thanks.
Sorry, but did IPB got this function? I didn't see any sort of function 'Viewing: x Feature' in the Community Forums of IPB. If there is, maybe you would give me a URL.

Plugins are easy, upload, chmod, activate, revert chmod. I believe it won't take you up to 10 minutes? Even if you upgrade to the latest version, it won't affect the Plugin.

I think there are more things that MyBB needs to improve on to enchance its usefullness.

Maybe we should just leave it to the Devs, to decide eh?
<strike>It's sometimes necessary to know who's viewing the thread/forum you're viewing. And I agree, this should be implemented.

IPB has this feature, but in CPU saving settings it has the option to disable that feature. </strike>

sorry, I mistook it for another feature... anyways, this doesn't sounds bad too and should've been easy implementation if the previously mentioned feature was in place.

I think this has already been suggested here: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=10154