MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why not the whole thing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have read the update notice. I have almost nothing on my forums. Would there be any disadvantage to installing the entire 1.65 even though I have 1.64? It seems simpler. Would anything be hurt other than needing to upload my logo again?

Thank you for your help.

Jim Adrian
forum url
(2011-11-28, 01:00 PM)mohdows Wrote: [ -> ]forum url

Why do you need a URL? Dodgy

Using the changed files package is quicker and simpler, that's why we provide one. Just follow the upgrade instructions on the Wiki - [wiki]Upgrading#Beginning_the_Upgrade[/wiki]
(2011-11-28, 01:31 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-28, 01:00 PM)mohdows Wrote: [ -> ]forum url

Why do you need a URL? Dodgy

Using the changed files package is quicker and simpler, that's why we provide one. Just follow the upgrade instructions on the Wiki - [wiki]Upgrading#Beginning_the_Upgrade[/wiki]

Thanks Alan. It worked.

Jim Adrian
If you think you have some bad files or maybe you just want to be sure about your 1.6.5 then you can do the full script upload. I've done so myself a couple times. Just make a backup in case you overwrite a file you edited or lose an image you needed. But overall just overwriting your site with a full package should not alter your forum. Just be sure to run install/upgrade.php after uploading files. And I suggest you turn off forum while doing the work too.
full uploads are all I have ever done, but one time. Much easier now with Patches plugin.

Turn off forum
Upload files
Run upgrade script if required
Apply Patches
Turn forum on

of course, full backup before any work