MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post Reputation Listing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In MyBB 1.6 it is possible to add reputation to a post, that is similar to "thank you" or "like" for the post, is there any "thank you/like" plug-in out there which uses the reputation table in the database to show the users who increased/decreased the reputation for every post of the thread (if it has assigned reputation) and the overall numbers of "+"s and "-"s for that post?

Thank you.
Reputation in post is there by default over in all 1.6x series. You can turn reputations in post on or off from ACP > Configuration > Settings.
There's this, it may need some small edits to work with 1.6.5 though - http://community.mybb.com/thread-46095.html
(2011-11-28, 02:32 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Reputation in post is there by default over in all 1.6x series. You can turn reputations in post on or off from ACP > Configuration > Settings.

I know that, what I need is to show below every posting the users and/or the totals of reputation of that particular post, e.g:

[username]             reputation: 200, posts: 789
------------------------------------------------------------
contents of the post..
contents of the post..
contents of the post..
user1 (+1), user2 (+1), user3 (-1) - post reputation: +1

(2011-11-28, 02:39 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]There's this, it may need some small edits to work with 1.6.5 though - http://community.mybb.com/thread-46095.html

Thanks, I'll give it a look
Oh, you mean that. I'll try to see if I can do this.
(2011-11-28, 03:06 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, you mean that. I'll try to see if I can do this.

Thank you! Let me know if you need some beta-testing.
Since crazy4cs was, I suppose, busy, and couldn't find time to write the plug-in, I've written it for myself Smile

[Image: x22gpg.jpg]

Is it interesting to you? Should I release it?
^ looks fine , release it if you like sharing ..
(2012-02-03, 03:49 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ looks fine , release it if you like sharing ..

Of course I like sharing.
Just released in the Releases section, waiting for the moderator to confirm. Once confirmed, I will post the link here.
Hmm, before the submission I have checked the rules, but now I've found (aside from the "official" rules) this remark from MattRogowski of the support team: "For your thread to be approved, your submission must be available on the MyBB Mods site.". Then, I think my submission will not be apporoved because it was not first submitted to the MyBB Mods. And now I can't figure out how to submit a mod there (couldn't find any add/create/submit button or I am too sober to find it Lightbulb), so I will just drop it here if you don't mind..

plusone - Plug-in for MyBB 1.6x (tested only with 1.65)

Version: 0.2
Release date: 2012-02-04
License: GPLv3

Description:
plusone is a simple plugin that allows to visualize given reputation points of the post and the calucalated value of the reputation for the post. Schematically it looks like this:

Code:
[username]             reputation: 200, posts: 789
contents of the post..
contents of the post..
contents of the post..

Limitations:
Currently the Classic view is not supported, only the default new look.

P.S.
I am a C programmer, not PHP one, the plugin was written becase I needed it for myself, if you have any corrections of my PHP/HTML code, please feel free to submit it or PM me.
You can submit it here:
http://mods.mybb.com/submit
Pages: 1 2