MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: update question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to update mybb forum 1.6.4 to 1.6.5 please tell me this link is older version update but can it same like new.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8gPVfRuddw)
Second thing is my forum posts and user data save or any risk about this.
It says right in the video, "the process is the same for all versions."

[Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
(2011-11-28, 08:24 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]It says right in the video, "the process is the same for all versions."

Dear Paul H

check this video and please tell me my all data and post are saved if i follows this video.
The video is completely correct. You will not lose any data.
(2011-11-28, 08:28 PM)Muhammad Junaid Anwer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-28, 08:24 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]It says right in the video, "the process is the same for all versions."

Dear Paul H

check this video and please tell me my all data and post are saved if i follows this video.

no this video is for fresh installation
please follow the mybb wiki

(2011-11-28, 08:32 PM)mohdows Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-28, 08:28 PM)Muhammad Junaid Anwer Wrote: [ -> ]
Dear Paul H
no this video is for fresh installation
please follow the mybb wiki

The title is "Upgrading MyBB (All versions)". It is obviously not about making a fresh install. Read next time.

In this video he update 1.6.2 v thats why he said this. Due to this i request you Sir check that video fully.
thanks

It is the same with every version.
(2011-11-28, 08:41 PM)Muhammad Junaid Anwer Wrote: [ -> ]In this video he update 1.6.2 v thats why he said this. Due to this i request you Sir check that video fully.
thanks

He was saying that the video teaches you how to do a fresh install. Following that video WILL work. It clearly states that it will work in all versions.
(2011-11-29, 01:51 AM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-28, 08:41 PM)Muhammad Junaid Anwer Wrote: [ -> ]In this video he update 1.6.2 v thats why he said this. Due to this i request you Sir check that video fully.
thanks

He was saying that the video teaches you how to do a fresh install. Following that video WILL work. It clearly states that it will work in all versions.

Dear friend your mean that is not for update. This video just for new forum installation. I want to update 1.6.4 to 1.6.5 without lost any data. Thank you
Pages: 1 2