MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Full Backup? Does that include the theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey!

I'm having a problem right now. My host had a DDoS Attack and the server is down. They do not know when it will be up again, and they say that they haven't lost any data.

My question is: I made a full backup luckily some days ago, does that also include the theme?

If yes, I could just switch the host and get everything back again.

Please help me out!
It includes the template and css, but not the images.
Full backup via you host's control panel, or via MyBB ACP?
My mate did full backup via Host's Control Panel. So what can I expect now?
99.99% of the time, a backup via your host's control panel includes all files in your home folder /home/<username>/, all databases, and often even the email associated with the domains on the account.
It would have the database, and all files in the home directory, unless otherwise specified by the person performing the backup Toungue
Edit: oops, didn't see pavemen's post Toungue
It includes all. Even mail configs of your hosting panel, all databases, full public_html (root) directory.
Thank you guys for your answers. I solved the problem! Smile
(2011-11-29, 04:47 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]It includes all. Even mail configs of your hosting panel, all databases, full public_html (root) directory.

Actually, that is not the root directory, hell it isn't even the home directory, the home directory is /home/[username], the one you pointed out is just the directory that contains all the web pages Wink. the root directory is /
@Booher, it does all, including the root (/) which is everything outside of public_html directory. I take my full backups daily and I get everything including those, not sure about what your host offers. (If you're on shared server, by root, I mean everything that you can see over in file manager.)