MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Site is not open this error show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Site is not open this error show plz anybody help about that

"MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1040 - Too many connections
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server"

thanks
You've to contact to your host since their server is quite busy atm.
I have this issue also, but it seems my support have gone as far as they can with expediting the space in mysql. They referred myself back to mybb to figure out exactly what part of the software needs configuring in mysql.

We have tried a lot of methods from dropping in code to mysql to drop continuously open connections to refreshing the software, nothing has worked. It is not just a space issue, I have more than enough bandwidth and space, and after looking through the search engines for a fix it seems almost every host is referring back to mybb for the solution.

It would be great to get mybb's solution to this one so that all hosts can be notified as to exactly what the problem is, as I see mybb referring back to the host. So rather than keep running around in circles maybe a fix from mybb to hit our hosts with, or if a member has had this issue and fixed it let us all in on what the solution is.

The issue always refers back to mybb as it says contact mybb support, but those who have the issue always get referred to the host. My support team say that the software is third party so then mybb should have the solution... basically it is something within the mybb software configuration that is ripping the juice from the connections, but it is difficult to assess where it is.

My error is below... I cannot even find this file to split into rows or figure out the issue.

SQL Error:
2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

Someone must know the answer Smile :p

Thanks.

" Too many connections " --> the issue has to be solved by your host by allocating more connections

" 2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) " -->
this file is related to the database. its location is above public-html folder. your host has to check

"contact mybb for support" is a general guidance line ...

(2011-11-29, 12:12 PM)Article Chase Wrote: [ -> ]SQL Error:
2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Query:

Your host is the only one that can help with that error, as much as they love to blame it on MyBB the truth is it's nothing to with the MyBB code.

It means MyBB can't connect to the MySQL server - either the server is down or experiencing an issue which is stopping MyBB connect to it. MyBB doesn't cause the problem and there's absolutely nothing we can do to help, if your host can't help you need to find a better one.
(2011-11-29, 12:42 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-29, 12:12 PM)Article Chase Wrote: [ -> ]SQL Error:
Query:

Your host is the only one that can help with that error, as much as they love to blame it on MyBB the truth is it's nothing to with the MyBB code.

It means MyBB can't connect to the MySQL server - either the server is down or experiencing an issue which is stopping MyBB connect to it. MyBB doesn't cause the problem and there's absolutely nothing we can do to help, if your host can't help you need to find a better one.

Thanks a lot Alan I am about to copy paste your reply to them lol, and since I just paid up a year in advance they better well not pass the buck or **** kick time and a move is in order.

No seriously thanks dude, I'm sick of ripping my hair out with this issue, normally I have no problems with my support team but only this issue.

Grrrrrrrrr *Is off to kick a support person*
What host you use? If shared, most of the hosts have low max_active_connections limit. Its your host, not MyBB. 1040 means there are too many users trying to connect to your site at the same time but as those number of users increases above than max_active_connections limit, it throws out that error.
(2011-11-29, 01:11 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]What host you use? If shared, most of the hosts have low max_active_connections limit. Its your host, not MyBB. 1040 means there are too many users trying to connect to your site at the same time but as those number of users increases above than max_active_connections limit, it throws out that error.

Xi3 is my host, they are brilliant really I cannot knock them, every single issue I have had has been dealt with in a very pro manner very quickly. They are trying to resolve this issue that is not the problem. They just need a few answers to the problem, they say they want to resolve it because mybb has been a bit of a nightmare in the mysql for them with other users. if they can get to the bottom of it then they will resolve it they say.

Both my host and I know of the growing pains issue, I think they are trying to resolve just how many connections would be a valid amount on the server to cover pricing. This is not an issue for myself, but I think the amount of connections is... it is just how many extra will resolve it if I am not using other services.