MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make sure ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I want to make sure that when new users register the option of "Automatically subscribe to threads you post in" should be enabled for them by default. How can this be achieved ?

Thanks.
You will have to go to Templates. Then click Expand next to the template that you will be editing. Then click on Expand next to Member Templates. Then edit the member_register template.

In that template scroll down until you see the line:

<td valign="top" width="1" /><input type="checkbox" name="emailnotify" id="emailnotify" value="yes" $emailnotifycheck /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="emailnotify">$lang->email_notify</label></span></td>

Then add this portion of code inside of the <input> tag:

checked="checked"
But you might want to reconsider doing it. I know I wouldn't appreciate having to figure out how to unsubscribe myself if that was defaulted and I hadn't been aware of it! LOL Big Grin
SnakEyez Wrote:You will have to go to Templates. Then click Expand next to the template that you will be editing. Then click on Expand next to Member Templates. Then edit the member_register template.

In that template scroll down until you see the line:

<td valign="top" width="1" /><input type="checkbox" name="emailnotify" id="emailnotify" value="yes" $emailnotifycheck /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="emailnotify">$lang->email_notify</label></span></td>

Then add this portion of code inside of the <input> tag:

checked="checked"

You should then remove:
$emailnotifycheck
So it should look like this:
<input type="checkbox" name="emailnotify" id="emailnotify" value="yes" checked="checked" />
Is there a similar option for forum subscriptions? So that users are subscribed to all forum (or even better to particular forums) by default?

Thanks.

Baba.