MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release]-No New Threads - Posts Required To Post Threads - & More
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Author: Pratik Unadkat (crazy4cs)
Author site: http://www.mybb-world.com/
License: See below.

Description: No New Threads plugin allows to block certain usergroups to create new threads until they achieve specific amount of posts. You can also specify which usergroups can bypass this restriction. Also comes with a flexibility of allowing restricted users to post in certain specified forums without having the specified required posts which is very useful if you want you let them post threads in forums like Suggestions or introductions.

Previews:

[attachment=24835][attachment=24836]

Installation instructions:

1. Unzip the archive.
2. Upload nonewthreads.php inside the inc/plugins/ folder which we just extracted now to (root)./inc/plugins directory of your website's server.
4. Go to ACP and activate it.
5. Next, proceed to Settings > Configuration and find No New Thread settings and configure settings.
6. Done.

License:

Anyone who have downloaded this, the below but not limited to rules applies to them:

1. Not distributed under GNU/GPL.
2. You may modify the codes or plugin for your personal use but cannot claim it to be own or remodify and sell or reproduce under any cirumstances.
3. Free to edit for personal use but not distributing to plugin by modifying any codes.

I can be reached via my website or MyBB Community Forums.

Download:

1. From Mod's site:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/no-new-threads

2. From below attachment:
[attachment=25862]

Support would be provided via this thread.
I have resubmitted for v1.1 .

Whats new in v1.1?:

Added in the errormessage how much posts user has and how much more he requires to be able to post threads, and fixed some bugs.

Thanks to Mebes for pointing out the bug.

Waiting for approval.
Right now the plugin bases it self on the post count of the registered user. Because guest posting is such a big part of my forum, I was wondering if you could go a step further and make allow guests to make a new thread after X posts. So even though the guest user group is always going to have 0 posts could it be possible for you to track guest posting (maybe by posted IP) and let guests make a new thread after X posts. This would be wonderful, thanks.
I do not think I could accomplish guest posting part. As far as guest posting is concerned, the plugin itself would have very limitations. Even if you do a session or IP address count for guest, the one with dynamic IPs are always gonna have trouble.

But I think if you did not include the guest's usergroup (gid 1) in the settings and if in forum permissions you allowed guest posting, the plugin should work with them as well because it would also treat the same for guest and would require certain posts from guests to be able to post in all other sections. However I did not certainly tested this for guests, I mostly made this plugin to use it on UB and found it maybe useful to many people.

Anyways, as instructed in the second paragraph of mine, did you try that way and see if it works?
It doesn't work the way you've described it in the second paragraph. I urgently need this guest-posting thing because in my case, guest posting is very valuable and many people resort to it, but guest posting could also be an easy way for spammer to spam thus if there a mechanism that could enable some sort of guest tracking - at least tracking the session or short period during which the guest is posting on the site - it would defiantly be appreciated. I'm fine with it being a weak system but I need something where guests are still able to post under a set minimum post count.
So is there anything you could do regarding this?
I would be very honest that I have never worked with guest posting or sessions related cache plugins and so I am not very sure that I could achieve this. You might request in the request section and see if someone other can accomplish it.

Also am very short of time these days, loads of projects, things to do on UB, semester exams heading in first week of April.

Sorry.
Okay but can you atleast fix this,
[Image: c0foK.png]

I've tried everything, there's no way around it.
(2012-02-20, 12:05 AM)Mebes Net Wrote: [ -> ]Okay but can you atleast fix this,

Print screen your settings for the plugin please.

(2012-02-20, 12:05 AM)Mebes Net Wrote: [ -> ]Okay but can you atleast fix this,

same error coming for me
Pages: 1 2 3