MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I honestly do not know..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...what webiste to make.

I'm still stuck on what website to create. I'm obviously looking for a forum, using MyBB - that's why I'm posting it here. I'm 18, and I have alot of experience using MyBB. I'm also mature, who will want to create a steady, calm & reliable staff team.

I just have no idea what to make, I've still yet to buy the domain & hosting so some ideas please.

I also will be looking to hire a few Moderators, and maybe even an extra Admin to help me along. The admin will have to be trusted, as I am willing to create a FTP account, for a specific folder for you to upload to. Use is as you wish - if I think it's unacceptable, I will notify you to take it down.

So, again, any ideas?
Unless you think of a forum idea yourself, your forum will never be unique. Therefore its more than likely to fail. You need to think of something different, something your interested in.
This thread is, in a way, like asking a magician how he does his tricks; he will never tell you.

Finding a niche is something kept to yourself in some ways, you need to be both knowledgeable and interested to a certain extent into the topic at hand.

For example, my site about a particular vehicle, i only knew there was a gap online because i was interested in the vehicle, and i have been able to offer a truly valuable resource to visitors for over a year; because of my interest and knowledge.

You need to find something that the internet naturally needs, you cannot force it.
(2011-11-29, 05:33 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you think of a forum idea yourself, your forum will never be unique. Therefore its more than likely to fail. You need to think of something different, something your interested in.

(2011-11-29, 05:34 PM)david42 Wrote: [ -> ]This thread is, in a way, like asking a magician how he does his tricks; he will never tell you.

Finding a niche is something kept to yourself in some ways, you need to be both knowledgeable and interested to a certain extent into the topic at hand.

For example, my site about a particular vehicle, i only knew there was a gap online because i was interested in the vehicle, and i have been able to offer a truly valuable resource to visitors for over a year; because of my interest and knowledge.

You need to find something that the internet naturally needs, you cannot force it.

Thanks for the feedback, I was hoping I'd get constructive; which is what I got off you two.

I have an idea of what I want, personally, I'm into games, tech, and stuff to do with console systems, operating systems and what not. I posted this because I'd like some other "options" that would ring a bell.

The question I keep asking myself about a gaming forum, is are there too many? Or not enough. I just can't come to terms with myself about making one.
That's the thing, there are too many gaming forums. But if you made this amazing forum that had something special about it to make it different, who knows... It is a little bit of luck too, which i should have said in my first post.

Whatever you do, just don't pick something that tries to cover everything in the world in 250+ forums. If you are about the DS, or the N64 or emulators or whatever, stick to it tightly. Let the members outgrow the forum rather than the other way around.

Good luck.
Want to make a forum -> Think of idea -> Make forum

Think of idea -> Make forum
If you don't know, don't do it. It won't work.