MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Birthday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do I disallow hide birthday in userCP.
what you mean bro ??
Members can choose an option in membersCS/change profile to disable show the birthday and age.
Is there a option to disable this option?
yes
user cp >> edit profile >> Date of Birth Privacy:
and choose hide age date of birthday
You understand me wrong.
I mean an option for admin to disable this functies for alle members.
(2011-11-29, 05:57 PM)erica Wrote: [ -> ]How do I disallow hide birthday in userCP.

No it is not possible.

Besides, users need privacy, I would not register anywhere where I'm required to enter my birthday and it being visible to everyone out there.
(2011-11-30, 06:22 PM)lzw Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-29, 05:57 PM)erica Wrote: [ -> ]How do I disallow hide birthday in userCP.

No it is not possible.

Besides, users need privacy, I would not register anywhere where I'm required to enter my birthday and it being visible to everyone out there.

I keep trying to get an answer to at least hide year of birth.  I don't want discourage people from showing their birthday.  That is a nice forum feature.  But who wants to show their age?  I've gone around about not requiring their date of birth, but I run an 18 and over board, so they need to provide their day of birth.  I just don't want other members seeing their age within the forum.  This seems like such a simple request, but after months of asking still no viable answers.  Anyone yet?
They can do this User CP > Edit Profile > Date of Birth Privacy:

That should do!

There is no other ways to disable this feature by ACP!
You could always Enable COPPA which forces users to enter their birthday on registration.
(2015-02-12, 05:37 AM)Root Dalez Wrote: [ -> ]They can do this User CP > Edit Profile > Date of Birth Privacy:

That should do!

There is no other ways to disable this feature by ACP!

Date of Birth privacy, hides their birthday, LOL.  it doesn't give the option to show month and year yet hide the year.  It's all or nothing in mybb.  sI still want them to show up on the calendar, and let others see their birthday, not their age.

(2015-02-12, 02:27 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]You could always Enable COPPA which forces users to enter their birthday on registration.

Enabling COPPA deals with 13 and under.  I need to force them enter an age of 18 and over.  I use date of birth on registration plugin to handle the registration.  Once they register it's mybb's settings that won't allow members to hide their age.  It seems like this should be an easy work around, but it's the hardest thing to get an answer for.  It's kinda crazy.
Pages: 1 2