MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Some Help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
HeyHey,

I have currently developed a forum and its ready to launch. I've spent alot of time and effort into the forum but I have one slight problem, the members :/ I've advertised in alot of different forums and areas and the word just doesnt seem to get across.

I would really appreciate it if you could take the time to register @ http://www.mmogamer.co.uk and get involved in the community, I would appreciate it alot. I could also give you a Award on the forum for your efforts ;p

If this post is against the rules, say and I will happily close it.

Cheers lads!
The site loads incredibly slow and there's 74 forums with only 25 threads. I can definitely see why people aren't joining.
Well at the moment the Website is the only site hosted on our very own dedicated server, I think its your side.

I see where you are coming from though with the forums, I may have to cut down abit.
The forum is pretty fast in my end.
now it is not opening mate [Image: di-POA5.png]
It will be back up in a few secs.

Doing some shizz to it at the moment.
(2011-11-29, 10:01 PM)S.T.A.R Wrote: [ -> ]Well at the moment the Website is the only site hosted on our very own dedicated server, I think its your side.

I see where you are coming from though with the forums, I may have to cut down abit.

Well a few things. You don't need a dedicated server for a site with 22 members. Second your site does take awhile to load completely (looks like part of it was due to the shoutbox).

And, as the first person said why do you have so many damn forums?
Hopefully it will become big one day, Also the server is for educational uses aswell.

Not sure, I would prefer to start off with all these forums rather than just one forum and then expanding, Thats just me Smile
Not sure id want to use the the same server as my site for "Educational Uses".
And your forum is in a very saturated niche and the chances of pulling members towards your forum than go to some of the other HUGE forums out there is like 0.001%
What you need is high demanded exclusive content. Which is very hard to comeby.
I think I will end up paying a few people to post on my forum, to help get it running for abit.

Not sure yet though, If it doesn't seem to progress I think ill take a few forums out and slowly develop.
My load time on every other site I've been to today is amazing. But to your site, it's dead slow.

It's not us.
Pages: 1 2