MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [solved] Attachment help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After you reinstall the forum in a different database, is it possible to restore your forum's attachments? Or at least make it viewable through the hotlink http://www.yourforum.com/attachment.php?aid=#

I restored the mybb_attachment table and it still won't let me view it...

Please help me, I'm losing 1800 attachments I had =( I have the files and the data and I can't get it back
Do you get an error message? Did you transfer the folder uploads from your old board to the new one?
Yeah I get an error message saying "The specified thread does not exist." .. I did not move the "uploads" folder

What do I need to do to recover that?
The uploads folder contains all uploaded attachments and avatars. You have to download the folder from the old host and upload it to the new one.
No, I meant the "uploads" folder never moved.. it stayed in my web directory. I tried to re-upload but it still seemingly doesn't work. I even re-specified again the uploads directory in settings.php
bump...

AQuarius Wrote:I restored the mybb_attachment table and it still won't let me view it...
Did you also restore the posts and threads associated with those attachments?
Do you have to? Are there any alternatives...? Because I lost my mybb_user table and some of the mybb_thread table.

By the way.. I guess you have to. As some threads began to be re-posted, the new posts comes with the old attachment Confused
AQuarius Wrote:Do you have to?
Yes. MyBB will not allow you to download an attachment unless the associated thread info can be loaded. This is for security reasons... the forum permissions need to be checked.

Quote:Are there any alternatives...?
You'd probably have to modify attachment.php to bypass the permission checks.

Quote:As some threads began to be re-posted, the new posts comes with the old attachment Confused
That makes sense if your posts are starting from pid=1 all over again. You're re-using post ID numbers that the existing attachments are assigned to.
Thanks WDZ, the information was a lifesaver Big Grin
Pages: 1 2