MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changed host, getting error [ 0 - , [Read] Unable to select database]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, i have changed servers, transferred all files in public_html to new host.
Also imported the database in phpmyadmin which i exported using using mybb ACP.

I have also configured the config.php, i think i have not edited there anything because i have not changed the database name and password in the new user. so i think there is no need of any change. correct me if i am wrong....

Thanks...
URL : www.mybadaforums.com

I can give access to my host to any mybb developer. thanks... waiting...
[Wiki: Help:Common_Error_Messages] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

MyBB Wiki Wrote:This occurs when you are using MySQL and the database name or database username is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entries for $config['database']['database'] and $config['database']['username']. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider.
you should change the database name and password and the server name
As i have already said that i have not changed database username or password in new host, so why this error is coming?
you should go to your inc/config.php and edit it
^^, ya , i am already talking about that.
If you are using cpanel, did you use the same username on both hosts?
yes, i used the same database username and database name on both hosts.
(2011-11-30, 11:29 AM)Identity1 Wrote: [ -> ]^^, ya , i am already talking about that.

you don't bro please edit ur config
$config['database']['hostname'] = 'your host name';
$config['database']['username'] = 'your database username';
$config['database']['password'] = 'your database password';

(2011-11-30, 11:33 AM)mohdows Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-30, 11:29 AM)Identity1 Wrote: [ -> ]^^, ya , i am already talking about that.

you don't bro please edit ur config
$config['database']['hostname'] = 'your host name';
$config['database']['username'] = 'your database username';
$config['database']['password'] = 'your database password';

why should i edit these setting, i have not changed username or password from my previous host.
I mean to say that i am using the same username and password as i was using in my previous host.
Pages: 1 2