MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass mail everyone EXCEPT 1 person
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Friends,

My forum is trying to take a suprise collection for a special member of our community who is going through rough times and I want to be able to either PM or e-mail everyone except that person. Is there a way for me to do that?

I was messing around with the Mass Mail function but I couldn't find a way to remove a certain member from that function.
You could do one of two things i guess.

Remove the users email from their profile, send the email out, then replace their email back in their account. This way they won't receive the email.

OR

Use this plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/private-messag...ned-for-14 (which is good anyway)

Send everyone a PM at a time when the forum is quiet (late night/early morning), then delete the PM to that user before he reads it (which you can do immediately if he is offline).
Or you could make another usergroup similar to registered and put that user for a while in that group and send mass mail to all except for the new group (in which that user is present) and after it is done, you can put him back to the normal group.