MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Whenever I try to install a plugin, I get a MySQL error. :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

Whenever I try to install a plugin that isn't Askimet or Hello World!, I get a MySQL error that looks like this;

Quote:MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'tid' at row 1
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_templates (tid,title,template,sid,version,dateline) VALUES ('','register_captcha','
\r\n {$captcha_options}\r\n \r\n Image Verification
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
Please enter the text contained within the image on the right in to the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated signups.

{$captcha_image}
','-1','1.0','1148741714')
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

The contents of the error are different for every plugin but they all look similar (the typical mybb MySQL error).

It's really frustrating! My forum is overrun by spam bots and I can't figure out why I keep getting those errors. I'm on the verge of swapping to PhpBB but I really don't want to.

Any help would be much appreciated.
install the fix plugin for 1.6.5
http://community.mybb.com/thread-108595.html
Uhh I'm not trying to update plugins I'm currently using.

I'm trying to get new plugins to work.

None at all will install.
Forum URL?

What plugins are you trying to install?
(2011-11-30, 03:15 PM)LifePunch Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

Whenever I try to install a plugin that isn't Askimet or Hello World!, I get a MySQL error that looks like this;

Quote:MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'tid' at row 1
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_templates (tid,title,template,sid,version,dateline) VALUES ('','register_captcha','
\r\n {$captcha_options}\r\n \r\n Image Verification
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
Please enter the text contained within the image on the right in to the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated signups.

{$captcha_image}
','-1','1.0','1148741714')
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

The contents of the error are different for every plugin but they all look similar (the typical mybb MySQL error).

It's really frustrating! My forum is overrun by spam bots and I can't figure out why I keep getting those errors. I'm on the verge of swapping to PhpBB but I really don't want to.

Any help would be much appreciated.

You don't need the plugin you're using as an example either. MyBB 1.6.5 includes the recaptcha by default. Just turn it on.
Forum URL is LifePunch.net/forums

Every day I have to delete about 20-30 spam bot accounts and 5-6 spam posts.

It's getting incredibly frustrating. None of the anti-spam plugins I try to install work because I just get those mysql errors.
MyBB 1.6.5 has many new features to help combat/prevent spam. As stated above, you don't need that plugin. reCAPTCHA is built in.
Could you perhaps point me in the direction to those many new features that will help me prevent spam? My forum is overrun by them and I'm growing tired of having to delete so many posts all the time.
To name a few:

ACP > Configuration > General Configuration > CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting > reCAPTCHA

ACP > Configuration > User Registration and Profile Options > Display a hidden CAPTCHA > Yes

ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > *Group* > Users & Permissions > Signature links have nofollow enabled? > Yes
I don't see "reCAPTCHA" anywhere under CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting. All I see is yes/no. It's currently set on yes.

I don't see Display a hidden CAPTCHA either anywhere under User Registration and Profile Options.

I don't see how the third will stop spam bots from registering and posting.

Are there any other methods?
Pages: 1 2