MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration problem - MyBB rejects everyone as spammers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
AdminCP => Configuration => User Registration and Profile Options => Display a hidden CAPTCHA => No

That should fix your problem.
(2011-11-30, 09:11 PM)BleepyEvans Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, 1.6.5 game with a hidden Captcha field. You can access the settings in the User Registration settings.
Can you tell me if the hidden field is activated or not?
Thanks

I deactivated & uninstalled the JavaScript Bot protection, and re-installed and activated it.

Then I tried to register while it was in the "on" setting, to which registration failed.

Then I switched it to "off", to which registration failed.

I deactived & uninstalled again, and tried to re-register, and MyBB still throws the spam exception.

I really don't think this is plugin related, though. Because the error is part of the core system, as it is included in the standard Language file and appears to be a hook. (error_spam_notify)

So my question remains.... What in MyBB causes that hook to turn true?

Steve

Steve
Sorry im stumped.
Can you link everyone to the Javascript HoneyPot your talking about to see if they can recreated the error.
Thanks
(2011-11-30, 09:12 PM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]AdminCP => Configuration => User Registration and Profile Options => Display a hidden CAPTCHA => No

Awesome! THANK YOU! Talk about a needle in the haystack! I had even forgotten that I recently enabled that small setting.

Can you please help me understand why this happens? What is the feature "supposed" to do, and why isn't it working for every user who tries to log in?

Also, question #2: Isn't the plugin (bot protector) the same thing? It's hiding something in the registration form with the hopes that a bot won't parse the javascript, right?

Any advice on what to use in this case would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
Steve
Didnt I just ask if you had this setting checked?
BleepyEvans Wrote:Can you tell me if the hidden field is activated or not?
Anyway im glad you got it sorted.
(2011-11-30, 09:28 PM)BleepyEvans Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry im stumped.
Can you link everyone to the Javascript HoneyPot your talking about to see if they can recreated the error.
Thanks

Bleepy, looks like it was the system setting. Why it's causing a spam error, I have no clue yet.

Thank you for taking the time to sort the problem out with me, though!

Steve

(2011-11-30, 09:31 PM)BleepyEvans Wrote: [ -> ]Didnt I just ask if you had this setting checked?
BleepyEvans Wrote:Can you tell me if the hidden field is activated or not?
Anyway im glad you got it sorted.

Blush I thought you meant check the "hidden field option" in the plugin! Because there is a hidden field option in there, as well. Sorry about getting that part confused, since we were talking about plugins the whole time, and not system settings.

Steve

(2011-11-30, 09:29 PM)sengratt1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-30, 09:12 PM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]AdminCP => Configuration => User Registration and Profile Options => Display a hidden CAPTCHA => No

Can you please help me understand why this happens? What is the feature "supposed" to do, and why isn't it working for every user who tries to log in?

It creates a hidden field that should be empty, and most spam bots will fill it in. I'm assuming it was conflicting with another plugin of yours in some way.
Pages: 1 2