MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Sitge Got Hacked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HeyHey,

My site has been going down randomly for the past 2 days, and someone today has posted on my forum saying thye had DDOS my site. I believe them to be honest.

Is there any plugins which can stop them from doing whatever they do?

Thanks
Contact your host. Ask them to mitigate the attack. There's nothing MyBB can do about something like this.
i'wanna see ur forum
url please
Ok thank you I will inform them.

Sorry but I dont know what you mean by when you say "Ask them to Mitigate the attack"?

Any chance you could explain to me what you mean?

Cheers
To mitigate means to lessen the intensity. They'll basically do as much as they can to block the attacks.
You dont need to know what it means, just tell them that and they should sort it.
You'd only usually get attacked if your doing something wrong, so find out what your doing and fix it.
I know, He mentoined that I shouldnt be advertising on certain sites. He didnt state what ones though.

I don't like the feeling of someone else having power over my site, He has easily took it down within the past 2 days.
Any chance you could close/delete this thread now?

Thanks for the help.
Unless of a completely random attack, everyone has a reason.
My forum got attacked after a dedicated member spammed links all over the net.
Only advertise where you are allowed to, or just purchase advertising Smile
DDOS mitigation for most hosts means to suspend the site or null route the clients IP. Unless you're paying for DDOS protection or the host makes some claim about it they won't do anything for you.
Read this

(2011-11-30, 08:08 PM)S.T.A.R Wrote: [ -> ]Ok thank you I will inform them.

Sorry but I dont know what you mean by when you say "Ask them to Mitigate the attack"?

Any chance you could explain to me what you mean?

Cheers