MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgraded - major problem though
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I upgraded to newest version and it has created allot of fuss. I have spent around 5 hours myself to the extent that I just created a new board-DB-URL and tried to merge to no prevail.

All W's in all columns

any help appreciated - exhausted and I have people waiting on the fix.
What version did you upgrade from?

Could you provide a URL to your site?

Check phpMyAdmin and see if that is what is actually contained in the posts/threads/boards?
Forum URL?
It is one of your plugins causing the problem. I had the same problem and I disabled all plugins in the config of the admin section and the site works now. I just need to go back and figure out which plugin is causing this problem...
(2011-12-01, 04:01 AM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]What version did you upgrade from?
I upgraded from 1.4.x
http://www.tribecygnus.net
Check phpMyAdmin and see if that is what is actually contained in the posts/threads/boards?
? - the w's appear as the avatar and all of the user info - not sure how to check that in phpMyAdmin - I do have a DB backup before I upgraded versions

(2011-12-01, 05:37 AM)aglinx Wrote: [ -> ]It is one of your plugins causing the problem. I had the same problem and I disabled all plugins in the config of the admin section and the site works now. I just need to go back and figure out which plugin is causing this problem...

I deactivated all Plug-ins Just now, didn't help - thanks though

Sorry for the delay, I went to bed shortly after posting.
this is 100% online avatar plugin
that plug in is de-activated and I have only used it briefly a few months ago, it is actually needing to be installed and activated right now.
(2011-12-01, 02:23 PM)green eagle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-01, 04:01 AM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]What version did you upgrade from?
I upgraded from 1.4.x
http://www.tribecygnus.net
? - the w's appear as the avatar and all of the user info - not sure how to check that in phpMyAdmin - I do have a DB backup before I upgraded versions

(2011-12-01, 05:37 AM)aglinx Wrote: [ -> ]It is one of your plugins causing the problem. I had the same problem and I disabled all plugins in the config of the admin section and the site works now. I just need to go back and figure out which plugin is causing this problem...

I deactivated all Plug-ins Just now, didn't help - thanks though

Sorry for the delay, I went to bed shortly after posting.

I see no posts and just one user.
hmmm, permissions got changed. Changed them back so you can see now, guests can view, post and what not in the New to Board section.

I have to get to work, will check back when I get home tonight thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Could you enable the default theme so i can see if it is just that theme?
Pages: 1 2