MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wrong timezone in Add Announcement and Log Files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have looked thru the forums and set the timezone in User CP to correct timezone. However when add announcement and also view log files the timezone is still wrong. Further google suggest to change the php.ini file which I did as well but still showing wrong timezone.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
Why User CP? Aren't you the administrator? Use Admin CP, go to Home ยป Board Settings
Date and Time Formats and set the correct timezone + daylight saving option.

P.S.
Have you restarted you web server (Apache/nginx/..) after making changes to the php.ini?
Yes I went Admin CP to set and new users will see correct time on header. For existing accounts I went user CP to change.

However although header displays correct time when moderator/admin add new announcement it shows different time. I went to php.ini to set the timezone and restarted but still same Sad

I'm using xampp btw. Is it due to this?

Thanks.
No, it's not from xampp. The announcements must be added in GMT times.
I'm thinking of modifying init.php to add the time difference to the variable TIME_NOW so that at add announcement it will show the (local) time instead of the GMT time. Is it ok?
I am running the forum in the intranet so I think there is no issue of users in different timezone..

Has anyone done this before or better solution? Thanks!