MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ok Well This isnt about MyBB so........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
alright looking at your site so far i come 2 see

Sticky topics

now how can i order topics regularly then have stickied topics all the way at top? like shown or would i have 2 create a whole new table for stickied topics?
If you mean how to make a thread "stickied" at the top of the forum, just use the Moderation Options at the bottom left of the thread, and select "Stick/Unstick Thread"

[wiki]Moderating_Options#Normal_Thread_Moderation[/wiki]
this isnt about MyBB im creating my own forum mate

any suggestion with mysql and php?
Make a column in your MySQL table called "sticky" as a TINYINT(1) and if the thread is a sticky, make the "sticky" field 1. Then just select the threads with sticky=1 and display them in whatever table you like.

Moving this to Chit Chat.
yeah i could do this within the topic table but i think i have 2 make a new table i kid you not? im gonna try this when i wake up THANKS MAN BIG HELP

DennisTT Wrote:Make a column in your MySQL table called "sticky" as a TINYINT(1) and if the thread is a sticky, make the "sticky" field 1. Then just select the threads with sticky=1 and display them in whatever table you like.

Moving this to Chit Chat.

dont you mean column? in the topic table mate?
I was confused with your usage of the word "table" in your first post. I thought you meant a <table> in HTML.

DennisTT Wrote:display them in whatever table you like.
I meant display them in whatever HTML table you like.
so yeah alter the topics table in phpmyadmin then call it stickies (ill create a sticky link) do a if statement if the stikied column is 1 and default is 0 if 1 then show the topics Smile i got it XD ideas all in my head thanks for that and im going 2 put it in a new table though since it will be easier for me.