MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BamaNation.net
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fresh off of switching from SMF to MYbb and here's what I've been able to do so far.

Trying to add some user friendlyness to my site and any/all feedback is welcome.

http://www.bamanation.net

Thanks
b u m p
You have great content going on. Theme could use a little work and you have a sucky host. I have nothing against you but if you value your site you should move on to a reliable host.
What would you change about the theme?

How do you know who my host is just by the information I provided?
There are a lot of ways to find out what host you're using. like 80% of the time you can look at the whois and the nameserver will have the host in it, or you can use something like http://who-hosts.com/ to see that you use BlueHost Wink And i too have heard quite a few bad things about BlueHost=s
(2011-12-08, 12:27 AM)insanemustang Wrote: [ -> ]What would you change about the theme?

Well, the fact that there's too much white space? I think that if you are to have a theme fit to your niche then I'm seeing a very solid forum.

(2011-12-08, 12:27 AM)insanemustang Wrote: [ -> ]How do you know who my host is just by the information I provided?

That's easy. I just looked at the favicon Big Grin
OH good point about the favicon. I haven't gotten around to that yet.

I came from SMF where plugins were REALLY driven by the default theme. If you had something outside of that all edits had to be made manually. And that was really a pain.

I'm not in-tune with MYbb enough to know how that would all work if I had a custom theme.

That and I don't know anyone who can build me a theme that would help me out.

Thoughts/suggestions on that?
Adding a favicon is easy. You just have to put a file named favicon.ico on your root folder.

If you're interested in a custom theme, you will have to pay for it. Maybe a premium one for at least $75 and potentially more from a good theme designer.

I heard WbDev does custom ones for a cheaper price so you might want to contact him.

But how do the plugins work w/ custom themes?
We're not SMF. Plugins work with every theme. Every once in a while you'll have to make a manual edit, but mostly it's fine.
Pages: 1 2