MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Maze Solver (windows only)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Oh, neat.
* Jason L. views screenshot...

WINDOWS CLASSIC WHY?!?!??!?!!!??!!!??
(2011-12-03, 04:02 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, neat.

Took the screenshot at school Smile we use XP and windows classic. Toungue
(2011-12-03, 02:19 AM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe add support for other formats (gif, png, jpg, etc)?
Edit: I got my local copy to support PNG. It was easy enough. Gif threw an error (can't remember exactly what it was. Something about SetPixel i believe) and when it was scanning the JPEG it completely broke the image. PNG worked fine though, I just had to make it display PNG files in the comboBox
Yeah, I could do Smile I could just convert the input image to bitmap, then back to the output image format Smile
Damn, very nice piece of code.
(2011-12-03, 07:20 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-03, 04:02 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, neat.

Took the screenshot at school Smile we use XP and windows classic. Toungue
(2011-12-03, 02:19 AM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe add support for other formats (gif, png, jpg, etc)?
Edit: I got my local copy to support PNG. It was easy enough. Gif threw an error (can't remember exactly what it was. Something about SetPixel i believe) and when it was scanning the JPEG it completely broke the image. PNG worked fine though, I just had to make it display PNG files in the comboBox
Yeah, I could do Smile I could just convert the input image to bitmap, then back to the output image format Smile
I was actually gonna try to do that, but then i got bored Big Grin
From what i can remember reading it isn't very difficult Smile But I really dont have time right now Toungue

I should really only have spent about an hour or so on that piece of homework, but overcomplicated it so that it would read images just fro the hell of it Toungue It ended up taking me about 8 hours to figure it out and implement it Smile
Ok, the .NET 4 versions has improved dramatically by tweaking the amount of stack space it has Smile

It can now comfortably solve a 300x300 maze Big Grin I have included a 600x600 maze in the .net 4 download too Toungue

@Nathan, i'llcompile a .NET 3.5 verison in the next few days Smile
I know this is a very old post and old thread.. so.. forgive me for "necro'ing" this but I've been searching for something online to solve a very large maze image a friend of mine created.. something like 4000x4000 and let us watch it graphically "solve" it in real time in windows. I'm not able to find anything else on the internet like what your program does here... but it's very old code and.. I think 32-bit was the problem.

Today, it's standard for most all computers to be x64 and 64-bit systems with typical machines having 16 - 64 GB of ram commonly.

Would it be too much effort to re-visit this old thing, make it use 64-bit so it can suck up all the ram it needs to complete it's task and re-release it?
Hi,

At this point you could probably code it in a much better way than I did back then. I don't even think I have the code for this any more xD

Tom
Pages: 1 2