MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plz Help Needed... Can I Convert my vBulletin 3.8 database to MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-12-04, 11:18 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]For the passwords, you must make sure the loginconvert.php plugin is in place and activated in the ACP I believe, though I don't believe the password fields should be empty...

Please take a look at the attachment photo!

The loginconvert.php is activated and in place!
Well here is a PHOTO of my USERS in DATABASE, please take a look,
I dont see why the passwords are empty, Emails and names are fine!

Hope someone knows why!
They're supposed to be empty. If you scroll to the end you'll see two columns containing the old password hash + salt.

When your members login they will have their passwords converted to MyBB's hash and salt.
(2011-12-04, 01:29 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]They're supposed to be empty. If you scroll to the end you'll see two columns containing the old password hash + salt.

When your members login they will have their passwords converted to MyBB's hash and salt.

But I did try to login many times, and the plugin is activated,,, Could someone tell which loginconvert.php I should use? I have used the on in the MergeInstallation folder,? Is it the right one? Cos I have tried many times with different nicknames, but non of them work, even the administrator accounts doesnt work!
Yes, it's the loginconvert.php included with the merge system.

Can you provide a URL to your MyBB install?
If you would follow the link, specifically the dev tracker link, you will see that there is an issue with passwords from vB. If this was your final convert, and not a test, you'll have to send a mass email to all users and ask them to reset their password. If it was a test, I'll be fixing that issue in the next few days.

[Issue #1757]
Hi Dylan, it was a test, I uploaded my database to a new unused database, just to try, ofcourse a test, I am ready to move over to mybb as soon as you guys have helped me with the password issues, and btw where can I get the Dev Tracker link? I am simply new to this, I have some reports from the converted issue which I attached in this some old post, I am very sorry! Thats all I got, for further please let me know !
I will try to upload my database again, if you need a password for the database and the database name, Im ready to provide it to you!

Here is the results of my latest conversation which I took 1 min ago:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~START~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Forum Permissions:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'u439329465_mybb.forumpermissions' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT COUNT(*) as count FROM forumpermissions

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

Polls:
Goes in Blank

Moderators:
Goes in Blank

Calender events:
Goes in blank

Attachments:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'u439329465_mybb.attachments' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT COUNT(*) as count FROM attachments

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My threds, Posts and the Important thing is done, which was the most important part! Only my Attachments and Passwords is needed, and thats it!

Thanks a lot, am waitting for further info!
The dev tracker was in the post above with all the links in it. As for the others, did you install MyBB first? MyBB has to exist in order to merge to it.
Can you please provide me some more info about the Dev Tracker,, and Yes I did install mybb first, ofcourse! Sad I cant find the Dev Tracker, Is it the one mybb is using, like the REDMINE or something,, after finding that I will post back!
Like I said, there was a link to it in my previous post. Plus the last post I linked directly to the issue at hand!
[Issue #1757]
Tracker

You have to options here. You can wait for the next release of the Merge System, or you can click the revision link on the issue page and make the changes to your local copy, then use it.
where to upload this files ? exact folder can anyone tell me please ?
Pages: 1 2 3