MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add security question or captcha while posting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i want to know how to add captcha and security question while making thread.
For guests or all other users ? If for guests then you can enable its setting in: Admin Control Panel > Configurations > General Configurations > CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting > On.
For registered users
Registered users should not need this, unless you have bots registering. Try http://mods.mybb.com/view/registration-s...y-question this plugin at registration, most, if not all bots simply can't read it, therefore; bots wont be able to register in the first place.
Having CAPTCHA for registered members is rather annoying to put it mildly.Big Grin
I can understand the need for a security question for Anonymous posting though. CAPTCHA can be read by bots, I'm quite surprised a security question plugin has not been developed for this purpose and have thought about modifying the security question for registration plugin to do just that, I just have not had the time.
It is on my to do list though. I hope this helps a little.
(2011-12-02, 09:31 PM)JayRodney Wrote: [ -> ]Registered users should not need this, unless you have bots registering. Try http://mods.mybb.com/view/registration-s...y-question this plugin at registration, most, if not all bots simply can't read it, therefore; bots wont be able to register in the first place.
Having CAPTCHA for registered members is rather annoying to put it mildly.Big Grin
I can understand the need for a security question for Anonymous posting though. CAPTCHA can be read by bots, I'm quite surprised a security question plugin has not been developed for this purpose and have thought about modifying the security question for registration plugin to do just that, I just have not had the time.
It is on my to do list though. I hope this helps a little.

thanks mate
yes mate, me too searching for captcha/question plugin for posting content by registered members, because now a days they are using Multiposter and themaposter for posting 100 threads/min.....

so it is very serious, and crossed the emergency level, so possibly create question answer or atleast captcha plugin for posting by registered user..

Note:
if possible fancy captcha is fine...