MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: plugin uploader and mybb 1.65
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Very weird indeed. What I'll do is add some debug code to the plugin so we can see exactly what it's doing and where it's tripping up.
A bit more in the way of diagnostics, which probably starts to shed light on why you say only four or five people reported this problem.

On my desktop both Firefox and Google Chrome failed to work. I had thought that perhaps the problem was down to the particular version of Ubuntu, I was running. But I now find that the Arora browser does not give this problem.

So yes I can say that the plugin is a little bit sensitive to the choice of browser being used.

I am most grateful. Whereas I had got used to installing plugins by uploading and unpacking an archive (sometimes a reconstructed one), un-installing plugins is made very easy if the Plugin Uploader is used.

So please let me thank you, Matt, for helping me to slowly get to finding a satisfactory workaround.

Geoff
One thing I have realised about the failed Chrome and failed Firefox in the desktop is that they both have gtranslate addons!
Does it work if that's disabled?? As I have used Chrome on a Mac and a PC with no issues.

I'll get working on the debug code.
I'm sorry I got that slightly wrong. In point of fact I tried to install gtranslate in Firefox and had failed. Then I went to Chrome and found I could translate from German.

Any way, I just installed gtranslate into Firefox and that works now; but the Uploader operation fails, as before.

In Ubuntu, both of these browsers, I believe, are compiled by the Ubuntu team... so I guess you could say that they are slightly flavoured.

I can start to think of more things. For example, div ID's.

Is there a variable that should be more globally declared than it is. Maybe such a variable falls out of scope only just occasionally. I take it there is some javascript involved.

Just getting more into this one.

Geoff
Replace your copy of ./admin/modules/config/pluginuploader.php with this:
[attachment=25031]

Then try to upload a plugin on a computer where it didn't work before. It will print out some text, send me what it says in a PM.
OK, can you replace that file with this one:
[attachment=25036]

This should fix the problem Smile There's no debugging code this time, should just work.
Indeed, Matt, I confirm that it works for me, now.

Thanks for all of your help.

Geoff
*high five*

That's great Smile
Pages: 1 2