MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need help for upgrading the forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi
i upgrade the mybb forum 1.6.4 to 1.6.5, but in the list last version s 1.6.4, not 1.6.5. and i select 1.6.4 and upgrading is successfully completed. but when i enter to admin panel its again show the message.
You are currently running MyBB 1.6.4 whilst the latest generally available release is MyBB 1.6.5 (1605).

what's happens? please help me
just re-upgrade your forum and use the link
http://yourforum.com/install/upgrade.php
same problem. not shown version 1.6.5 in upgrade.
its just show 1.6.4
Go to your ACP

Tools & Maintenance >> Cache Manager >> update_check >> Rebuild Cache

You're likely just missing some of the latest files. Re-upload all the files and run the upgrade script again just to be sure.
Have you done a version check?
yes , but i just upoad install folder.
Of course he did a version check. The version check is the problem. It says he's running 1.6.4 when he just upgraded from it.

You need to upload all the files, not just the ./install/ folder. Right now you have a 1.6.5 database and 1.6.4 files, which is why it's still saying you're running 1.6.4 in the Admin CP. You need to upload all of the files and overwrite the previous ones. Refer to [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) and the 1.6.5 blog post for more details.

In regards to the upgrade script, you are supposed to choose 1.6.4. It's not asking you what you are upgrading to, but rather what you're upgrading from. There is no mistake there, you're doing it correctly.
thank you sir , can you please help me about the replace folders?
admin
archive
cache
images
inc
install
jscripts
uploads

which folder needed for re-uploaded?
and which files i can upload for new version?
Like I said, you need to re-upload all the files and overwrite the current ones.
Pages: 1 2