MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: fail to change language with new theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Everything is ok with bb default theme.

when new themed used, there was just one language (as CP setting) showed and kept still, no effect when change language with bottom right corner switch bar.

any idea ? thank ya

go to ACP >> Configuration >> General Configuration >> Default Language

[Issue #1729]

You need to update your templates.
go to ACP >> Configuration >> General Configuration >> Default Language

Yes that's what I meant, the default (whichever chosen) will be kept, and no change possible in front.

Checked [Issue #1729], it's 1.65 right what I using.

need more idea
Edit the template footer_languageselect.

After:

{$lang_redirect_url['form_html']}

Add:

<input type="hidden" name="postcode" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />
FAIL again with current template, though it did not have the code that you want me to add.

and it's ok when restore the whole default template "footer_languageselect."

by the way, another question, how to restore theme's template, not BB default ? input theme again ?
(2011-12-03, 12:13 PM)bt3bt Wrote: [ -> ]FAIL again with current template, though it did not have the code that you want me to add.

Can you post the contents of your footer_languageselect template here?

(2011-12-03, 12:13 PM)bt3bt Wrote: [ -> ]and it's ok when restore the whole default template "footer_languageselect."

Yes, but if it has custom changes it will revert to the default template. Hence why I asked you to manually update it.

(2011-12-03, 12:13 PM)bt3bt Wrote: [ -> ]by the way, another question, how to restore theme's template, not BB default ? input theme again ?

That would work but it wouldn't fix your original problem.
with your code added:
----------------------
<div class="language">
<form method="{$lang_redirect_url['form_method']}" action="{$lang_redirect_url['location']}" id="lang_select">
{$lang_redirect_url['form_html']}<input type="hidden" name="postcode" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />
<select name="language" onchange="MyBB.changeLanguage();">
<optgroup label="{$lang->select_language}">
{$lang_options}
</optgroup>
</select>
{$gobutton}
</form>
</div>
-------------------------
That looks fine. Can you provide a forum URL and test account?
hope i can, it's still under localhost testing

keep testing, and will ignore the language change if fail anyway
THANKS MUCH !!!
Pages: 1 2