MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Really need help here please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys

I have an older version of mybb, its 1604.
There is a XSS vuln there, for some reasons I cannot upgrade to the new version. Can I repalace file member.php of version 1605 to my forum ?
Will it affect or cause any other vulns or errors ?

Thanks
Why can't you upgrade?
@Nathan Malcolm

Sir, for some reasons as I said.
But I need an urgent answer, replacing 1605 member.php file to 1604 version will affect any issue,bug or vuln?

thanks.
If you tell us why you can't upgrade we can help you more.
(2011-12-03, 05:16 PM)Deer Wrote: [ -> ]Sir, for some reasons as I said.

Which reasons though? It's simple enough to upgrade.
Reason: Using soo many plugins, so many plugin configurations so I need to open a new forum from start. I have 5k members in my forum.
I really need the answer, cmon guys.
You don't need to start a new forum? There's a sticky in this forum that provides a script to automatically upgrade plugins too.

Simply replacing the file is going to cause some problem or other.

temp

You think if you upload new member.php then you losse old member?...
Ok, thanks for your good support anyway.
(2011-12-03, 05:23 PM)temp Wrote: [ -> ]You think if you upload new member.php then you losse old member?...

No, my members are saved in my database not in my member.php file.
I said if i replace the file, will i get any issue, but the support looks dont know the reason. anyway thanks for all.
Upgrading won't undo your plugin configuration and the fact you have 5k members is irrelevant. What makes you think you have to start again?? It's called upgrading for a reason, you upgrade your current forum. Using one file from a different version will probably lead to unpredictable behaviour and more issues for you.
Pages: 1 2