MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Invision?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forgive me for being dumb but...

Is this not just a changed version of invision?, if not you guyd have copied a huge amount from it??
Are you insane? You apparently know nothing about IPB code let alone mybb code. Your very very wrong indeed and making accusations like that are completely uncalled for.
I havnt looked at the code, the complete look and feel is copied from invision.
It's a forum. The look and feel of a forum doesn't change much.

I can also assure you that the myBB code is not copied from anywhere. If you download it you'll see. I would have appreciated it if you had done this before making serious accusations like that.
Im seriously sorry to sound so accusing i didnt mean to be.

Its just it looks exactly like invision, the user cp is exactly the same not to mention a lot of other things...but this is a decent board.
I dont know where you got that idea from even if you were looking at the layout.

Yes, MyBB looks similar to the layout of other forum software, but thats because all forums have a similar look and feel (layout).

Once you experience the full version (such as the Admin CP and other things) you will then notice that it is indeed not copied from InvisionBoard.

Chris
all bbs have some sort of familiarity. Always have. But, something with a similar feel and not so much an identical look is another thing. IPB and mybb really do not look alike at all. I have used ipb since it's inception and ikonboard before that. Ikonboard and ubb were the big dogs for a long time and even they had similarities and many after them including ipb 1.0. mybb really did take on a look of it's own with very little to almost know identity crisis like some forum softwares.
Ok well im glad that its cleared up.

Once again sorry for me being a dumbnut.
vBulletin's Layout looks like UBB. Does that mean vBulletin copied Infopop?

No. A bulletin board is a bulletin board - the general look and feel will always be the same. Linear, threaded, etc.

I can tell you, from looking at the code, MyBB is *nothing* like Invision. For one thing, the code is actually good and clean.