MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Making a theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If I were to say, make my own theme as such. Is there any sort of tutorial for this?

Whenever I have made a theme in the past, I have edited the default MyBB theme into my own custom MyBB theme. However sometimes this leaves me feeling I've missed things such as buttons, which are in the default MyBB style.
How do you people usually make your own buttons? Do you hand edit 20+ buttons to suit your theme, or is there some other way? Also, is there some sort of checklist to know my theme is complete, so I haven't missed parts that are vital.

Thanks,
Shannon
Start from editing global.css, play with your templates then move on to design your buttons using Gimp or Photoshop.

You've to learn basic CSS and HTML first though.
Altetnitavley you can use css buttons for it. For this all the buttons will have to have the same class i.e .buttons And then edit it in either global.css or create a new stylesheet called custom.css.
(2011-12-04, 07:01 PM)roggers Wrote: [ -> ]Altetnitavley you can use css buttons for it. For this all the buttons will have to have the same class i.e .buttons And then edit it in either global.css or create a new stylesheet called custom.css.

That is what I use but sometimes it can be a pain in the a**. One thing you can do is have bug testers use it for about a week and see if they can come up with anything.
I know HTML and CSS, and CSS buttons seem the way to go.

Do I just edit the default MyBB theme to go into my own?
(2011-12-05, 10:06 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I know HTML and CSS, and CSS buttons seem the way to go.

Do I just edit the default MyBB theme to go into my own?

Yes. The default theme is the best starting point, just customise it a ton Wink
That's the plan euantor. I've made a start, but it always looks crap, like I use too much of one colour or something.

With the CSS buttons, is there somewhere I set this up to be done instead of images?
(2011-12-05, 10:48 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]That's the plan euantor. I've made a start, but it always looks crap, like I use too much of one colour or something.

With the CSS buttons, is there somewhere I set this up to be done instead of images?

You have to manually edit the templates unfortunately Sad They're under the postbit category and there's a separate template for each button on the postbit.
euantor, can I contact you privately via IM or something for some help? I have a theme partly complete, but need some opinion on it.
See this playlists of videos I created: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL200F05ACCDB901E5
Pages: 1 2