MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Settings file not editable? :S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hiya so i moved my forum from x10hosting to tech-hosts and i can't change the cookie settings or the bburl. I opened inc/settings.php and when i edit it from .x10.mx to .com and save it, it goes back to .x10.mx. Please help! Smile

~ David
CHMOD it to 666, and edit the settings in the ACP.
(2011-12-04, 04:42 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]CHMOD it to 666, and edit the settings in the ACP.

Tried it on 666 and 777 with no luck I also can't access admincp due to me not being able to login because of the cookie settings.

~ David
(2011-12-04, 04:42 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]CHMOD it to 666, and edit the settings in the ACP.

OK, if you're sure it's set to 666, set the correct cookies in settings.php, then login and make them again in the ACP straight after. What's your URL??
as soon as i save it i still can't login. the url is habfab.com/forum

~David
Can you post cPanel login details in the Private Inquiries forum so the staff can check it out?
(2011-12-04, 04:49 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post cPanel login details in the Private Inquiries forum so the staff can check it out?

Done Smile

~ David
I also tried deleting the settings file so that it could regenerate itself with no luck
Are you currently trying to change settings in the ACP?? As I'm editing your settings.php file and the changes instantly get reverted, you must be doing something.
(2011-12-04, 06:36 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Are you currently trying to change settings in the ACP?? As I'm editing your settings.php file and the changes instantly get reverted, you must be doing something.

I can't access the admincp atm as i can't login to my forum

~ David
Pages: 1 2