MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 2.0 (Yii) SEO URLs compatible with Google SEO?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-12-04, 11:29 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-04, 11:24 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]No, thats your interpretation.

It's not a matter of interpretation really - it's quite clearly, literally, what it says.

Brain damage is always an option, though.

Sorry, I tend to agree with Jesse on this one. I will allow that you could be right about the article, but I've also had perfectly fine results with the standard SE URLs in MyBB. Wink

Also, you don't have to defend your plugin to me. FWIW, it is an excellent plugin.
I do think the problem may come when people rewrite dynamic urls in a wrong way that results into a worse seo.

MyBB 2.0 should provide both style of urls, or three (google seo plugin style, dynamic style, and mybb current seo default style like), for different tastes, that is it.
(2011-12-04, 11:41 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I do think the problem may come when people rewrite dynamic urls in a wrong way that results into a worse seo.

MyBB 2.0 should provide both style of urls, or three (google seo plugin style, dynamic style, and mybb current seo default style like), for different tastes, that is it.

Actually the worst thing you can do is change URL styles. Especially after using one for a long time. That bombs your Google rank. Wink

That means that I do agree that at least the plugin needs to exist for 2.0 if it isn't stock. Otherwise a lot of sites will be very... screwed by the change.
(2011-12-05, 02:08 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Actually the worst thing you can do is change URL styles. Especially after using one for a long time. That bombs your Google rank. Wink

That's true, Google doesn't like 403 error pages or redirections... :s
Pages: 1 2