MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google WMT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have verified my site using google webmaster tools by adding the html verification string. Once that was complete gwmt asks me to select my preferred domain. I chose www but when I tried to save it asks to reverify. I googled the problem and ended up on gwmt forum where I saw that procedure has a bug and has had for years - still not fixed.

One of the posters said that the meta tag verify works great, just copy it immeidtaely after the head tag on the index.html page before the first body.

that's great, except that my index.html file only has 67 bytes in it and nothing shows in the editor. So I researched more and found a poster who inserted his into his index.php file. That's great to because that's where I found all the good stuff.

But there are no head tags in the php file, so there must be another file with them somewhere that points to the index.php file.

Where is this file with the head tags to be found?
(2011-12-04, 06:44 PM)K e v i n Wrote: [ -> ]Where is this file with the head tags to be found?

They're not stored in files. Templates are stored in the database. You need to edit the template 'index'.

edit : not seen Malcolm's response ...

in general, head tags are added in headerinclude template (in ungrouped templates set)

some also add them in index template ...

OR .htaccess may be used to redirect from www.domain to http://domain
I had been looking for the head tags in the index files in the root directory based on one of the fixes I'd read.

I went to the ACP and found the templates but don't believe they are the correct place either (can't find head tag anyway). I also found the .htaccess back in cpanel but unsure it it's redirectingor not. I noticed when my site comes up it comes w/o the www - I assume that's something I need to correct with my domain cp?

Anyway here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

[attachment=24923]
But I keep getting the error even though I placed it beneath the head tag in index.html file I in the root.

Where would I insert the meta string if it is to go here?
[attachment=24924]

How about here?
[attachment=24925]

In your headerinclude template just put it at the bottom or something. It really doesn't matter. Toungue
AND let me suggest to turn off using CodePress ; using it might affect the code !!

admin panel --> home --> preferences --> Turn on / off Codepress <-- select off & save preferences
(2011-12-04, 07:42 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]AND let me suggest to turn off using CodePress ; using it might affect the code !!

admin panel --> home --> preferences --> Turn on / off Codepress <-- select off & save preferences

Do you mean like this?:
[attachment=24926]
Blush

Nathan Malcom Wrote:In your headerinclude template just put it at the bottom or something. It really doesn't matter. Toungue

Don't tell me I've been wasting my time on top of everything. I bet the google seo PI Ranjani installed already accomplishes all that. But like I said, please don't tell me that. Undecided