MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to copy a sub-forum from one forum to another?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a MyBB forum running on domain1 and I have another MyBB forum running on domain 2.

I would now like to copy one sub-forum from within the domain 2 forum over into the domain1 forum.

Stated differently, I want to copy a sub-forum from the forum at domain 2 so that it becomes a sub-forum in the forum on domain1.

The main thing I am interested in are just the threads / posts ... I don't really care about copying the users / groups info from domain2 into domain1 ... but I can handle either way.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

I appreciate your help.

Warmly,
Calle

PS: In case specific info is needed:

domain1 = www.MarriedAndHappy.com/Forum

domain2 = www.HusbandWifeHelp.com/forum

sub-forum on domain2 = "Private"

So, I am wanting to copy the threads / posts inside of "Private" from www.HusbandWifeHelp.com/forum over into www.MarriedAndHappy.com/Forum
Hi CalleZorro,
This idea might be possible if you have an above average attention to detail, and plenty of time to burn.

(2011-12-05, 06:00 AM)CalleZorro Wrote: [ -> ]...I don't really care about copying the users / groups info from domain2 into domain1 ... but I can handle either way....

Both the threads & posts database tables have user id info related to every thread/post, so you have issues to consider "either way".
Now you know why you will need "an above average attention to detail, and plenty of time to burn." Toungue

#
One primary consideration is dealing with posts in "forum 1" made by user ID 25 (for example), being imported into "forum 2" and now 'owned' by a different username.

Lightbulb
##
Maybe experiment with copies of each forum and use the "MyBB Merge System", then delete all the unwanted forums from the new one.

Good luck...