MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Query regarding attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I have just started merging my 1.6.4 mybb forum to my 1.6.5 forum using the latest merging package. I have merged everything except the attachments. I have paused the merge. I have around 13000 attachments and all are very important, since my website is actually for university students and they share assignments, past papers etc. So all are very important.
1. When I merge the attachments, I won't have those [attachment:pid] problem right? I mean the links would appear right? So to avoid this what should I do?
2. The attachments are around 2.65 GB in total. Can I copy over the entire Uploads folder to the new forum? Would it work?
I would really appreciate Anybody who can answer these queries.
Regards,
Musa Naqvi.
I'd suggest to run merge system also for attachments ; AND do not delete earlier database & uploads folder

though we have attachments issues, I am confident that experts can find some method to overcome any issue ..
Actually, if you check the attachments sticky in this forum you'll find that we may have finally figured it out Wink
curious as to why you are merging. why not upgrade the existing forum, or copy/restore your existing to a new setup and upgrade that one.
Paveman please specify the following
1. copy/restore your existing to a new setup
UPDATE, I was importing because the previous database has some indexes deleted, which means it has gotten infected, and that was the first thing that came to my mind. Previous upgrades didn't help because the server and memory usage was still high.
well, since your original DB structure is corrupted, the merge is likely the simplest option.
yeah i have another problem. See my other thread. Darn it, problems just don't go away do they?