MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ModCP error after update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello,

After the upgrade, my moderators are not able to go into the ModCP anymore even with the correct permission.

If I disable the permission, they do not see the ModCP link anymore, and if I enable it, they can see the link, but it says they don't have the right permission..

What am I doing wrong or is this a bug?

Sincerely,
Reno
What plugins do you have??
I'm using quite alot of plugins,,

I'll try to disable them all once with that build in option, to check if it works then,,
To rule out plugins as a cause of this issue, please try the following:

If you are using MyBB v1.6.4 and newer:

Go to AdminCP >> Configuration >> General configuration >> Disable all plugins >> YES

For all other versions older than MyBB v1.6.4:

In ./inc/init.php, find the code:

define("TIME_NOW", time());

After this code, add this:

define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);

Then save and/or reupload this edited version of the file so the forum will run the new code.

This will stop plugins being run when a page on the forum is loaded; it will not edit, delete or reset any content the plugin has added or changed, it will just temporarily stop the plugins being loaded, so some features on your forum may be temporarily missing or broken whilst this code is in place. When you remove this code, plugins will work again exactly as they were before. This change helps us to see if a plugin is the cause of a problem, without you having to manually deactivate every single plugin, which would mean you may lose data from them.

If your issue is fixed when this code is added, then the cause of your issue is a plugin; please post a list of your plugins and we will try and help you find which one it may be. If the problem still happens with this code added, then it is unlikely a plugin is the cause, in which case we will investigate the issue further.

Thank you.
If that fixes it, then a list of plugins would be of use.
Heya,

These are the plugins I am currently using.

I marked the plugins which I think could be the bad plugin or which I updated lately.

I hope you are able to support me somehow.

Admin IP Match Plugin (1.3)

Disable portal.php Plugin (1.1)

Ajax PM Notification (1.8.1)

Akismet (1.2.1)

Spider Bots (1.1)

Fassim Anti Spam (1.21)

Favicon in address bar (1.0.1)

MyBB GoMobile (1.0 Beta 3)

Google SEO (1.6.2)

Hello World! (1.0)

Hello PluginLibrary! (hello_pl.php)

User IP Log (1.1)

Its My Birthday! (2.2)

Javascript Bot Protection (1.1)

Multiple Registrations Detector (1.1)

MyShoutbox (1.7)

MySupport (0.5)

MyTheme (2.0)

Show the users that has been online today (2.0)

Page Manager (1.5.2)

PluginLibrary (4)

Profile Views (1.2)

ProStats /proʊˈstæts/ (1.9.2)

reCAPTCHA Plugin (1.1)

Registration Security Question (1.2)

Report Reputation (0.3.1)

Stop forum spam (1.2)

Style Usernames (1.5)

Top Bar (1.2)

View Groups (1.5)

Welcome Guest (1.5)

Welcome PM/Email (1.1)

Thanks,
Reno

PS. the problem is solved when I disable all plugins
MySupport did cause this bug but I fixed the issue in an update, however you've posted that you're running version 0.5 of MySupport but I've never released that version, so don't know where you've got that from. Disable that and see if it still happens.
Dammit, double fail by me here. First, I uploaded the wrong version of MySupport to the Mods site the other day, hence the version 0.5, and I also haven't fixed this bug in the download yet.

Please do these two things; deactivate MySupport, redownload it, reupload all the MySupport files, and reactivate it.

Then, in ./inc/plugins/mysupport.php, around line 2885, you should see this:

if(!mysupport_usergroup("canmanagesupportdenial") && $mybb->input['action'] == "supportdenial")
{
	error_no_permission();
}

Remove this, and then a few lines down, you should see this:

add_breadcrumb($lang->support_denial, "modcp.php?action=supportdenial");

Before this, add:

if(!mysupport_usergroup("canmanagesupportdenial"))
{
	error_no_permission();
}

And that should fix the problem.

Sorry about all that!! Blush