MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom user titles & Super Moderators?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

1- I can't seem to find the option that forbids a certain group from assigning custom titles.

Being pointed in the right direction would be very appreciated, thanks.

2- One of the group permissions is; "Yes, users of this group are super moderators" - what powers does a super moderator have? If someone is a supermoderator, do they automatically have access to the MOD CP? Then what is the difference between the MOD CP and being a super moderator?
its not easily possible ... requires a plugin ; not sure that such plugin exists
LifePunch, for your first request...

go to ACP >> Users & Groups >> THE GROUP YOU DONT WANT TO ALLOW CUSTOM USER TITLES >> Users & Permissions and untick Can use custom user titles?

And as far as i am aware, super mods are just moderators across all forums. Could someone confirm?
we can say that a moderator has limited privileges & a super moderator has powerful privileges !!

see What's the difference between the Super Moderator & Moderator ...
(2011-12-05, 05:36 PM)david42 Wrote: [ -> ]LifePunch, for your first request...

go to ACP >> Users & Groups >> THE GROUP YOU DONT WANT TO ALLOW CUSTOM USER TITLES >> Users & Permissions and untick Can use custom user titles?

And as far as i am aware, super mods are just moderators across all forums. Could someone confirm?

Thanks guys!

Unfortunately unticking "Can use custom user titles" doesn't help because my moderators can still access the MOD CP and change people's title there. I want my moderators to be able to access MOD CP so they can moderate the forums, but not change titles.
^ that option may be removed manually from MOD CP ...

admin panel --> templates --> current theme's templates --> Moderator Control Panel Templates -->
modcp_editprofile <-- find AND remove code similar to below

<tr>
											<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->new_custom_usertitle}</span></td>
										</tr>
										<tr>
											<td><input type="text" class="textbox" name="usertitle" size="25" maxlength="{$mybb->settings['customtitlemaxlength']}" value="{$newtitle}" /></td>
										</tr>
You are asking a slightly different question than in your OP?

You want Moderators to be able to change their own user titles, but not change anyone elses?

I don't want anyone to be able to change any titles at all except the group "Owner" which only has me in it.
(2011-12-05, 07:01 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ that option may be removed manually from MOD CP ...

admin panel --> templates --> current theme's templates --> Moderator Control Panel Templates -->
modcp_editprofile <-- find AND remove code similar to below

<tr>
											<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->new_custom_usertitle}</span></td>
										</tr>
										<tr>
											<td><input type="text" class="textbox" name="usertitle" size="25" maxlength="{$mybb->settings['customtitlemaxlength']}" value="{$newtitle}" /></td>
										</tr>

Thanks, that worked!