MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Inline Moderation Problem Even In Admin Area!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there!
I have had a problem with inline moderation in both admin area and the forum itself in version 1.6.5 of MyBB. I decided to install a fresh version (1.6.5) of MyBB and check if the problem is still remaining or not. Unfortunately, it remains in the new installed version also.

I did checking inline moderation using chrome(15) , IE(8) and firefox(6.0), but no satisfactory result!!!

Is there a solution for this problem?
URL would be of use. Sounds like you have no javascript files or something.
Sorry, but I couldn't get what you mean?!
Do you have add-ons like NoScript/AdBlock installed on your browsers as add-ons?

It may be possible that certain (java)scripts get stopped from being executed if you mess up the settings for these add-ons or you don't allow the domain you are running your board through them (eq NoScript).

Also, check your files/directory permissions & .htaccess to see if there is something blocked by these settings.

@Later edit: Matt asks of you to provide us with your board address.
As I said before, I just had a new installation and didn't have any changes on .htaccess file! As the community says itself, all the permission requirements are provided.
And of course, I have not installed those add-ons on none of my browsers!

Still,

Can you provide us with your board address (url)?
And perhaps can you be more specific about what the exact problem really is?

I can only think from what you've stated that it doesn't show up.
I'm getting the following error on Forum :

Sorry, but you did not select any threads to perform inline moderation on, or your previous moderation session has expired (Automatically after 1 hour of inactivity). Please select some threads and try again.

And also this error in Admin area while deleting a user account :

Sorry, but you did not select any users. Please select some users and try again.

Yes, the address is :

http://plc-ins.com/forums/
this is freshly installed one !
Please check this thread.
The thread you've mentioned has not been solved of course! The problem was not from ModSecurity in that thread!
Any other suggestions ?!
From this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-74132-page-4.html

Try the following solution:

Quote:This might sound stupidly crazy, but not the craziest thing I've done with MyBB - set a cookie prefix and completely clear your browser's cache.

I would also add:

Clear cache AND cookies.

I always keep 'Allow third-party cookies', even only for while the browser is still open, enabled. Some sites and options seem to need this (you can quickly find it in Firefox).

How to change the prefix: ACP -> Configuration -> General Configuration -> Cookie prefix

It can be something like myforum_ or thisboard_, or whatever. You got the point Smile

Pages: 1 2