MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member wannabe can't register
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got this message from someone trying to register. Told him to try a different browser but I doubt that'll work. Any ideas?

On 12/5/2011 1:41 PM, xxxxxx wrote:
>
> I’ve tried to register but am having problems.
>
>
>
> I entered the person that recommended, and it says he doesn’t exist—he just joined I understand. I went back and deleted his name (Jim Smith) and it still keeps saying the person doesn’t exist.
>
>
>
> Any suggestions?
>
>
>
> Tks-Dennis
It needs to be the exact username for the refferal field. If the person's username is Jimmy_Smith than Jim Smith won't work in refferals.
It should autocomplete it, but you could always just not fill it in if it's preventing you from registering...
(2011-12-05, 08:15 PM)K e v i n Wrote: [ -> ]On 12/5/2011 1:41 PM, xxxxxx wrote:
>
> I’ve tried to register but am having problems.
>
>
>
> I entered the person that recommended, and it says he doesn’t exist—he just joined I understand. I went back and deleted his name (Jim Smith) and it still keeps saying the person doesn’t exist. . . . .

(2011-12-05, 08:20 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]It needs to be the exact username for the refferal field.

(2011-12-05, 08:22 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]. . . but you could always just not fill it in if it's preventing you from registering...

Evidently he's tried that, but keeps getting the error anyway. I sent him an email telling him we had a smith but none of those (told him the UN) and to delete our cookie and try again. Just got email saying he tried it and still can't register.

I looked at my banned IP addy's to see if he was in one of the ranges and though he is not, he is close. But he would have gotten a ban error if that was it right?

(2011-12-05, 08:20 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]It needs to be the exact username for the refferal field. If the person's username is Jimmy_Smith than Jim Smith won't work in refferals.
(2011-12-05, 08:22 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It should autocomplete it, but you could always just not fill it in if it's preventing you from registering...

You guys both missed that even with the name removed its giving him the error.

"I entered the person that recommended, and it says he doesn’t exist—he just joined I understand. I went back and deleted his name (Jim Smith) and it still keeps saying the person doesn’t exist."
I just noticed another gremlin. I had 3 members in the Awaiting Activation queue, but I have Email Verification ticked not Admin Activation.

Until today, the email verify has been working fine. Wonder if these probs are related.
I think this is solved. I don't believe the Await. Activ. issue is related - yesterday I mussed up some of the php & things went sort of wacko. It may have caused the email verify to not function or whatever, but new registers are coming in now fine w/o hanging in the AA queue.

As far as the original problem, Paul was correct. His buddy had registered as 'The PenSmith' so Matt that's why no autocomplete for "s.....".

Sorry to be a bother. Angel

Thanks for the sugs.