MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone teach me on how to do it? I don't get what it means by "MyBB already installed." Do you want the files in my forum folder, with my SMF files? I wanna change over, because I like this software. And will I keep the news section?
Please refer to:

[Wiki: Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
[Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
UTF-8 Conversion Issues
Attachment Issues
Common SQL Queries Post-Merge
Dev Tracker (Open Issues)
(2011-12-06, 01:52 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Please refer to:

[Wiki: Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
[Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
UTF-8 Conversion Issues
Attachment Issues
Common SQL Queries Post-Merge
Dev Tracker (Open Issues)
That is where I DIDN'T understand the pre-installed thingy.

Well, I think its pretty straight forward. You install MyBB somewhere on your website.
(2011-12-06, 10:26 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I think its pretty straight forward. You install MyBB somewhere on your website.
Can I still use the same forums SQL? And does it HAVE to be in my forums folder?

(2011-12-06, 10:57 PM)Thebuilderdd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-06, 10:26 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I think its pretty straight forward. You install MyBB somewhere on your website.
Can I still use the same forums SQL? And does it HAVE to be in my forums folder?

(2011-12-07, 03:27 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-06, 10:57 PM)Thebuilderdd Wrote: [ -> ]

I checked. Nothing on SQL. So, I made a test, and I used the same database as SMF
You can use the same db, as long as both have different prefixes. It generally isn't recommended though.
(2011-12-07, 08:38 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]You can use the same db, as long as both have different prefixes. It generally isn't recommended though.
Same databases.