MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving MyBB to an Existing Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two Servers, ones hosting Site A with a MyBB forum. Another is hosting Site B with a murmur server. I want to move Site A to the same server as Site B.

What's the best way, to backup the forum, ( Have all the posts settings etc intact ) and merge it with my existing MySQL database on Site B.

I was going to make a new table for MyBB on site B's DB, and try to restore a MyBB backup. But I'm not sure if that's the right way.

I hope this is clear.
Summary: Move an Existing MyBB form, to an Existing Database on another server.

Note: I'm not using any kind of API, just SSH.

Thanks!
Just backup all the files on your PC, as well as a database backup. Move it across to the other server, and if anything goes wrong, revert with the old backups.
(2011-12-06, 05:36 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Just backup all the files on your PC, as well as a database backup. Move it across to the other server, and if anything goes wrong, revert with the old backups.

The server that I'm moving it to, already has a database.
Backup the forum database, then import it to THAT database.
(2011-12-06, 05:47 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Backup the forum database, then import it to THAT database.

I would love to, can you show me how? I've googled it and I'm coming across people doing it in like CPanel and stuff, but nothing from the actual MySQL
Just export it from PHPMyAdmin onto your desktop, then import it in the other.
(2011-12-06, 05:52 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Just export it from PHPMyAdmin onto your desktop, then import it in the other.

Like I've created a backup from the MyBB admin, and I've SCP'd it to the other server, so I have the .gz backup.
So just import it via PHPMyAdmin AFAIK.
(2011-12-06, 06:07 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]So just import it via PHPMyAdmin AFAIK.

I think I'll hold out for a CLI option, as this is a good learning experience.
Okay, so I imported all the tables into the mysql database, the forum is intact, but no one can log in. It says "You have successfully logged in" but when you get to the forum, it says "Welcome Guest: Login - Register"

So now I'm facing a different issue.