MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users cannot register
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After the update to 1.65 all users trying to register get this error message

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/52/w164852/www/forum/inc/class_plugins.php on line 143

I have run the plugin_hook_update with no success..

Same error message shows when trying to use the quick reply button

I do not know how to fix this, please help as I have many users that want to register.

PS..

The class_plugin.php reads on line 143

$returnargs = $func($arguments);
Anyone?
I need to bump this thread due to the importance of having issues with user registration..

All trouble started after I update to 1.6.5 - Have tried to remove all plugins, but it does not seem to be working???

What should I do
" ... Have tried to remove all plugins " <-- do you have any user name related plug-ins ? your forum URL ?
If you mean such like Date of Birth on registration, username restrictions etc. then yes..

But no matter what I do, even if I try to register a new user my self as admin it allways comes back to this error message

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/52/w164852/www/forum/inc/class_plugins.php on line 143

It also seems that I do not have any of the new features in 1.65

Just a question, I did only upload the changed files, but what happens if I download the new package and replace all in my forum directory? Will I then loose all previous post in the forum and members?

Do I need to setup my forum again as I did in the beginning?

Can I revert back to 164 by copying the files from 164 back over the 165?

As it is now, nobody can register due to the class_plugin.php error, not even administrators and moderators.

Seems my forum is messed up after the update
Update::

Just copied the 1.64 class_plugin.php file over the 1.65 in inc folder and voila, it all works perfectly again... No issues at all so far....

Seems the file was the big sinner, just wondering why?
Because, just like I told you in your other thread, you've got a plugin written in an unsupported way and it broke with the 1.6.5 update. The problem is with a plugin, not the MyBB code. You should not be running files for other versions, you'll get unexpected results and more problems at a later date.
Thank you sir.. But why then is the issue still present even if there is no plugin installed or activated? Seems link everything is working just fine when the class_plugin.php from 165 is replaced by 164

Not even the plugin update script does the trick?

I downloaded the whole 165 and installed this as a new forum on another domain, just to check and then it was working just fine with all new features included. These features are not present in configuration after just copying the changed files, purhaps there is something wrong with the update files for those users that have 1.64 installed before..

Hope I could explain this correctly enough?

I would of course just just copy all files from 1.65 package to my forum overwriting all, but I am using simplecorp theme and global.css is modified to my liking, I am then affraid it would change everything back to default if so doing?

Am I right?
^ just as a precaution, you can take a backup of the required theme (include templates) and
upgrade to myBB 1.6.5 by overwriting all files AND run the upgrade script (./install/upgrade.php)
Ok, thanks, will give that one a try for sure. Ill get back to you with the results..
Running the upgrade script isn't going to fix anything. Yes, using the 1.6.4 file will mean the error will go, that's obvious because the code that broke some plugins was only introduced in 1.6.5, if you use the 1.6.4 file then it'll be as if you were on 1.6.4 when there was no error, however that is not the solution. You definitely won't get this error with no plugins activated though because it only runs this code when it's looping through the activated plugins.