MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello

i use mybb 1.17

i want to make a backup of my forum.

what i must do for a backup?
Go to your cPanel (if you have one), and go to "Backup" and download your forum's backup file.
ok. sorry

i found only now this
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=10572

:-)
AQuarius Wrote:Go to your cPanel (if you have one), and go to "Backup" and download your forum's backup file.

where is "backup" command in admin pannel ??
What I believe he is trying to say is that at this point in time myBB does not have a backup utility.

So what he is explaining is a long method of backing up your forum. In reality what he suggested doing will only back up part of your forum (the code part, not the data).

To properly backup your data, you will need to do the following. First, download the folder which contains all of the myBB files. This will save the graphical data and the code of the forum. Next, you will need to use a database administration tool such as phpMyAdmin (which most hosts have). Next select the database where your myBB data resides. Then you can just click on Export. From there you can select all of the tables, or just the ones that begin with your mybb prefix. Finally, at the bottom you will need to select a compression method for the backup file. I would highly recommend the gzip compression because it will be the smallest of the 3 choices. Then download that file to your computer and you will be all backed up.
And can download an install E-Mods with the backup utility if you wish, but I reccommend that you use PHPMyAdmin or CPannel. Smile

btw: 1.2 will have a back function in the ACP. Smile
installing phpmyadmin is so difficult! I have to install it as my host is %#$$#!

I cant be bothered to move to another host, did that already...
Installing phpmyadmin is really easy. Upload all files to your webspace and copy the file libraries/config.default.php into the root of phpmyadmin and rename it to config.inc.php. You have to edit the file and enter the data to connect to your database. That's it. You should use a htaccess file to protect your installation (username & password).