MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where is the MySQL user stored?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: e4iPe.png]

I simply need to know where the mysql username is stored so I can change that to my current mysql database user.

My site was taken down due to me forgetting to pay my hosting so I luckily had a public_html backup and am loading that.

Thanks!
If you use cPanel you can check it easily with MySQL manager or through phpMyAdmin
(2011-12-07, 12:04 AM)pdtrx Wrote: [ -> ]If you use cPanel you can check it easily with MySQL manager or through phpMyAdmin

I know that I can check it via my cPanel hosting, but I am curious on where it is written into the MyBB Files that are now on my hosting.
Download your "public_html/inc/config.php" file to your computer (using a FTP client), open it, you'll find the host, database, username and password related to your database, change them to the new ones, save and re-upload it to the same folder "inc" again..

Hope that helped
The MySQL user that is used to connect to the database is specified in ./inc/config.php.
Ah thanks all, that is all I needed.