MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How many Superadministrators?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a limit to how many have superadministrator status?
Open ./inc/config.php file and find;
$config['super_admins'] = '1';
And Change 1 to X,XX,XXX

NOTE: X,XX,XXX are the UserIDs you wish to make them as Super admins. Separate each UserID with a comma.

It belongs to the General Support section though.
though there appears to be no limit, it is better to not use more number for your forum security !!
having one super admin is the best - two is fine - do not put a third super admin. what is the need ?

it also applies to other staff on the forum. basically you can have one super admin , two admins ,
two global moderators , and six moderators - in general, this setup should work fine (for a big forum) ...
Thanks
How big is your forum?
I think 1 SuperAdmin is for a 1k user forum enough.
I would set up 2 superadmins if my forum is relative big, ~ 10k users or probably 50k posts.
You should never need more than 1. If you want more Admins that is fine, but having more superadmins just increases the chance of compromise.
(2011-12-14, 05:42 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]You should never need more than 1. If you want more Admins that is fine, but having more superadmins just increases the chance of compromise.

This. The point of being a super admin is that other admins cannot edit, ban or delete you. That means if you have other admins, and for whatever reason they get pissed off with you, they cannot do anything to your account. If you make other people super admins, you completely remove this extra security whilst giving the new super admin absolutely no abilities they didn't already have.
0. Even if big, I believe no one should grant a super admin access. The secondary admins also can do almost everything, so unless they want to ban, delete or take revenge with you, its of no use.