MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Announcements are not showing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello! I've tested the announcement on forums but it's not working, it just doesn't show up, i tried even to disable all the plugins using the option called "Disable all plugins" from settings=> general configurations but still the same thing...

Here's my board URL: http://safe-zone.ro any help :-s ?

P.S: The start date for the announcement is correct, i tried setting even the year 2010 and same problem..
Fixed in [Issue #1785].

You can either wait for the next release, or download forumdisplay.php from the repo and overwrite the 1.6.5 version.
Is this safe Big Grin?

P.S:Works thanks!
^ yes, why not ?
(2011-12-07, 05:27 PM)dgcyears Wrote: [ -> ]Is this safe Big Grin?

Yes, I verified the fix myself.
That hit the spot. I was having the same issue. I messed around with it for quite some time trying to find the issue. I finally gave up and did a Google search on it. Thanks works great now. Sure would have been nice if this information would have been in the admin panel for easy access.
(2011-12-07, 05:26 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed in [Issue #1785].

You can either wait for the next release, or download forumdisplay.php from the repo and overwrite the 1.6.5 version.

I get this when I put forumdisplay.php in my inc/plugins BEFORE activating

Warning [2] require_once(./global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 21 - File: inc/plugins/forumdisplay.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/forumdisplay.php 21 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/forumdisplay.php 21 require_once
/admin/modules/config/plugins.php 477 require_once
/admin/index.php 517 require

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mdsharpn/public_html/carteret-county-nc.com/inc/plugins/forumdisplay.php on line 21

I'm using MyBB 1.6.5

^ forumdisplay.php is a system file to be uploaded to forums root directory by overwriting earlier file existing there ..
remove it from plugins directory ..
OK, I uploaded the new forumdisplay.php over the old forumdisplay.php. I still cannot get any Forum Announcements to work. This is on a brand new MyBB 1.6 installation -- no messages, no members except for Administrator. Everything else on the board appears to be working.Huh
(2012-02-07, 10:12 PM)Lethdun Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I uploaded the new forumdisplay.php over the old forumdisplay.php. I still cannot get any Forum Announcements to work. This is on a brand new MyBB 1.6 installation -- no messages, no members except for Administrator. Everything else on the board appears to be working.Huh
I tried this also and my announcements are not working either.
Pages: 1 2