MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot edit plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys,

I seem to get this issue when trying to enable plugins on my forum, i am a main administrator for the whole forums.

You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel.

do you have your forums on a free web host (eg. createmybb) ? are you main admin with user id = 1 ?
Did you install the forum yourself?? Because if you did you would have done something very weird to revoke your permissions to this area.
I installed the forum myself yea.. i havent got user id 1. Do you think this would work?
If you installed the forum you would have UID 1... have you messed about with user IDs or changed anything in the database?? If all you're saying is true you would have had to have edited stuff in the database directly.
I have edited it so i am uid 1 and it is now working. Bizzare.
Well not really, the permissions would be set up for uid 1 as that's the user who installed the forum. What's bizarre is how you managed to not be using uid 1 in the first place. Now any posts etc you've made with that account are going to be orphaned and not linked with your account.
True, now all my posts say im unregistered... - Toungue is there a db command for this ?
There is but you'd have to update a whole load of other tables too. At this stage the best thing to do would be to change your UID back to what it was, and then run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_adminoptions` SET `uid` = 'X' WHERE `uid` = '1';

Change the X to the UID you were on before, and also make sure you change the UID for your user in the users table back to what it was before.
I've changed my id back to what it was id being no.4.....

and i have put the command in

UPDATE mybb_adminoptions SET uid = '4' WHERE uid = '1';

and its coming back with a error...

#1062 - Duplicate entry '4' for key 'PRIMARY'

Pages: 1 2