MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blue Lust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This thread is a little bit of discussion about my theme blue lust. I'm sure many of you are familiar with it. The two things I would like to take about in this thread are what authors do to prevent infringement and what you would like to see in the next version of blue lust.

First off, I am interested in what other theme authors do to prevent copyright infringement and what I call "skin steal". A skin steal is when people use my themes to create their own to release or give to clients of their own (without attribution). Recently I have had this happen to be four times. Along with 7 copyright infringements which I sent out DMCA notices for. What do you do to prevent things like this from happening?

Secondly, for the user end of Blue Lust what would you guys like to see in the next version. This can be anything from a color changer to a minor edit in the post bit. All suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks to anyone who helps out!
Huh. I was about to say, "The theme is designed by Jason and not you", before i saw your user title. Sad

Back to the topic. Its because when someone release a theme for free, people think they are free to do whatever they want with it.
(2011-12-08, 01:44 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Huh. I was about to say, "The theme is designed by Jason and not you", before i saw your user title. Sad

Back to the topic. Its because when someone release a theme for free, people think they are free to do whatever they want with it.

I see what you mean by that. Great point. Thanks

(so sorry for the confusion)
What i noticed is you don't have a license on the download page, and there is no license in the download of it, so it goes back to public domain as there is no license, and therefor you really can't do anything about it as there is no real license that they are not abiding by. it's still a grape move to remove your copyright though.
(2011-12-08, 02:08 AM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]What i noticed is you don't have a license on the download page, and there is no license in the download of it, so it goes back to public domain as there is no license, and therefor you really can't do anything about it as there is no real license that they are not abiding by. it's still a grape move to remove your copyright though.

Thank you for informing me. I guess it was removed on my last update.
A while ago I made a javascript that would auto-add back the copyright if the hardcoded one had been removed.
But they can remove that just as easily :p
If they're smart enough to know that JavaScript is adding it back and how to edit the JavaScript.
A simple search of the link would find it though :p